We all have that dream to travel solo once in our lifetime. To those first timers, before travelling make sure you do a little research to avoid hassles. Check out this blog from a traveler. I must say that it’s good to get some tips from those who have lots of experience.
This post was first published on June 8, 2009, just a week after Solo Traveler was launched. Yes, it’s time for an update.
You get to do what you want when you want. You can connect with people if you wish or avoid them completely if you want to be alone. When you travel alone, you travel on your terms. Here are some tips to help you travel alone and love it with references to more recent posts with detail on specific subjects.
Before you Leave to Travel Alone
- Save up. Isn’t it great to return from a trip and know that it’s fully paid for rather than having to catch up financially after the fact? Save up for your trip before you go. Enjoy the delayed gratification. And be ready to start saving for the next trip as soon as you return.
- Know your budget. There are a few steps involved in planning your travel budget.
- Decide on your destination. Maybe you have a dream destination or maybe you just need to get away and the destination doesn’t matter that much. Here are some sources for your destination planning.
- Check out our Destination section with hundreds of recommendations written by other solo travelers.
- Consider a destination where you can stay put in terms of your accommodation but have a good variety of day excursions. This way you save money and get to know the locals.
- Take a tour. The Solo Travel Deals page has tours specifically for solo travelers.
- Is money an issue?