Relationship breakups are never easy. It is important that you look past the pain of a breakup and find ways to cope even when things seem impossible.
If we consider the history of the institution of marriage, all of us would agree that it started at the time of creation itself. Man and woman are different both biologically and in mental makeup. However, the creation would not continue if man and woman do not come together. The physical and emotional needs unite man and woman and marriages take place. Till the beginning of the twentieth century, joint families and lifetime single marriages were quite prevalent. Divorces were few and far in between. However, things started changing as more and more women took up careers and achieved financial independence. The dependence of women on men declined and even small disagreements were magnified to a large extent that they were considered to be impinging on the individuality. Let us consider the top 15 reasons why couples break up.
- Desire to be independent.
- Getting attracted to another person.
- Physical incompatibility.
- Less attracted to the person in a sexual way.
- Lack of proper body maintenance, like becoming too fat.
- Conflict in tastes and desires.
- Continuous nagging.
- Comparing the man or woman to others constantly
- Imparting unsolicited advice all the time
- Addiction to alcohol or drugs
- Deterioration in the health of one spouse or suffering from incurable ailments like HIV
- Physical and mental abuse and exhibiting sadistic tendencies
- Ignoring or showing disrespect to friends and relatives of one spouse Impotency or inability to bear children.
The above reasons are all chief causes for a marriage breakup. Sometimes, one reason alone might be enough for separation, while in several cases, a combination of a few of them lead to divorce. In this list, getting attracted to another person and infidelity might appear similar, but there is one important difference between them. In the former, the man or the woman might become more interested in another person and might think of leading a life of marriage with that person as a better option to …