Making homemade diffuser is another DIY project that I got interested these past few days. Some of the ingredients can already be found in your house. It’s affordable and easy to make. This article I will share is where I got the idea and there are list of options to choose from.
Everyone loves a great smelling home. Scented candles can be a great way to do that, but they can be extreme costly or loaded with chemical scents and other not so awesome things. Here are some great and simple to make homemade essential oil diffusers that will fill you home with lovely scents for a fraction of the cost with ingredients you can understand and trust because you chose them yourself.
I have only tried a few of these myself, but I’ve put this list together as a resource for myself and others to try in the future. I hope you find it helpful.
If you are new to using essential oils, pick up this great starter set of essential oils from Fabulous Frannie. It includes 14 great scents to get you started with essential oils. I know it was hard for me to pick out my first few essential oils because I didn’t know where to start. Hopefully this set will help point you in the right direction! If you’re feeling really ambitious you can also pick up a book like Essential Oils for Beginners to get you started. This book has a lot of great tips and ideas for getting into the wide world of essential oils!
Pet stains and odors are one of the annoying problems every pet owners experienced. Even if we clean it up, our pets can still smell the stains left in the area where they pee. Let me help you solve this kind problem by following these simple natural remedies in cleaning your pet stains. I tried this also and it really works!
I foster dogs in addition to owning two of my own, so I have a lot of pups going through my house. Since they’re rescues and often times come from places where they haven’t even started on potty training, I have a lot of accidents in my house. And I do mean a lot. Pretty much everything you could imagine that could come out of either end of dog has probably ended up on my carpet at some point or another. Come spring time my backyard also turns into a mud pit, and I have dogs tearing in from the backyard tracking who knows what all over the place. In short, stain removers are a must at my house, and not only do they have to get the stain, but the smell as well. Unfortunately, it took me awhile to catch on to the fact that I could make my own and that they would work just as well as the dozen or so other expensive cleaners I’d tried before. Mud, blood, number 1 or number 2, here are 3 natural DIY solutions to keeping up on pet stains and odors.
1. Vinegar-Baking Soda Spray
It doesn’t get much easier than this spray. Most of the time, this is the one I choose to use. It’s simple, inexpensive, and works a treat on blood and urine stains in particular.
White vinegar is a miraculous substance that will get rid of even the old accident stains that might have been missed if a dog did a “ninja-pee” behind the bookshelves or something. Baking soda is nature’s odor remover, and teamed up with vinegar, does a great job at getting rid of odors!
Too many carpets out there in the market but do you really know what type of carpet suits your home. There are lots of colors, styles,and designs to choose from. This article I will share today will help you in choosing the right carpet.
The number of carpet choices available can easily overwhelm buyers. Taking a second to break it down and learn about the styles and types available will make the purchase decision easier. Understanding what the options are will help in choosing the best carpet for the situation.
Styles and Types of Carpet
The two most common carpet types are cut pile and loop pile. There are various style options within each respective construction type:
This carpet gets its durability through the fiber used, the density of the tufts, and the twist of the yarn. There are four popular styles to choose from: textured plush, Saxony, frieze, and cable.
• Plush: This has a smooth and even finish, providing a more formal look.
• Textured: This style uses low density fibers of uneven heights. The resulting look hides dirt with an informal look, but it is not suited for high traffic areas.
• Saxony: This has a smooth and even finish, but the fibers are longer than a textured plush, and the fibers have a twist. Though this is the most popular style of carpet on the market, it has a tendency to show footprints and other marks more than other carpets.
• Frieze: This carpet style features long fibers with more twists, so the resulting texture is informal. It hides foot prints and other marks easier than other carpets, but is generally not suited for high traffic areas. If the piles are longer, it is called “shag.”
• Cable: This style of carpet is made with thicker and longer fibers to provide a more “cozy” feel to the carpet when walked on.
The expenses of air conditioning at home tends to surge quickly over the hotter months of the year. Thankfully, you may minimize that necessary expense by making use of some approaches to minimize the amount of energy you spend on your air conditioning unit. Here are some useful ways in which you could trim your cooling costs:
1.For greater control over the temperature in your property, nothing can beat a programmable thermostat. With programmable thermostats, you will save on cooling bills without sacrificing your indoor comfort. These thermostats have several daily settings and you can program them to go higher when you are sleeping or at work, and lower if you are home. You save money and stay cool at the same time.
2. Throughout daylight hours, keep windows sealed, curtains pulled, and blinds shut. In a common household, about 30% of a home’s energy is lost through the windows. Having your windows replaced with new, more energy-efficient glass is a great solution to keep your home insulated and reduce your cooling costs.
3. In food preparation, use crock pots or an outdoor grill to cut down on the need for the oven and long cooking times which will heat up the home. It will be cost effective if you try to lessen heat generating appliances during the day as your air conditioning system will work twice for cooling your house.
4. If you do not need to use the lights, turning them off will help lower your costs since your air conditioner don’t need to work as hard to keep the place cool. Electrical appliances tend to create a lot of heat, like computers, ovens, washing machines, irons and the like; these can cause your home to feel hotter with the discharge of heat when they are on.
5. Keep heavy shades, drapes, or perhaps awning on the bright and sunny side of your home. This can block the sunlight from getting in thus keeping extra heat out of your house you don’t need or want.
In case you follow these tips you may be confident that you’re operating at peak efficiency. There are many ways to remain cool during the summer time. When you stay home all day, consider taking a day trip to the mall or to the library to reduce the requirement for cooling. Perform all housework early in the morning or late at nighttime when it’s cooler out.
Garage floor covering, shouldn’t only satisfy the requirements of protecting your garage floor however it also must be attractive to the eye. The less you take care of it, the more cracking and staining will happen and the sooner you’ll have to replace the entire floor. This is exactly why a simple way to resolve this issue is to get yourself a garage floor covering.
Whenever a person uses his or her garage as a workshop generally, then they may choose to set up garage floor tiles that are able to withstand quite a bit of punishment. A benefit to these tiles is they could be set up in patterns that can help beautify the garage making it more attractive. Even the concrete may be improved upon with epoxy concrete paint, which will be able to fill in any holes and provide a waterproof and shiny surface.
Garage floor paint is the easier and cheaper for you to complete on your own. However, as your garage is used on a daily basis, the wear and tear ends up peeling your garage floor quickly. If you’re going to use garage paint, it is best to go with oil or latex paint that’s intended for concrete and floor use.
If you’re not much of do-it-yourself-er, mats would be the way to go because all you need to do is lay them out on your floor and you’re finished. The mats come in a wide selection of size and shapes and are the most economical choice to finish and protect your floor.
Going through the 3 major options, you can find indeed benefits and drawbacks on picking each type. Paint is the cheapest yet demands constant maintenance. Tile provides the best protection however it is the most costly while mat are the simplest yet not an excellent long term investment. Based on your financial budget, needs, and experience flooring you’ll be able to find the best flooring solution for you. You need to weigh your priorities and see to it that your floor covering will protect your concrete base for a very very long time.
In case you have always wanted to have your garage floor looking like a showroom floor then that’s the path to take. You’ll be able to impress your friends and family with your new garage floor.
You’ve now learned a little bit more about the subject and could make an educated decision about whether you desire to make this investment or not. As you can see this investment will pay off in the future by protecting your flooring and saving on repairs. It will likewise save you time from needing to constantly update an unprotected floor.
There are many house owners that are looking at evaporative air coolers as a profitable alternative to keep their home cool especially in summers. These kinds of coolers focus on the principle of evaporation and use up less energy than your regular air conditioners. These days, it is not difficult to find these coolers on the wall or the roof of modern houses. These coolers may ideally be used in places where the temperature is hot and dry.
Evaporative air coolers are preferred over air conditioning because they consume less energy. When you use evaporative coolers you could lessen your energy consumption by more than 33 percent. Yet, you to run these coolers you might need a lot of water. Additionally, homeowners can pick to use the smaller evaporative coolers that are easy to set up when compared to the larger units which require ductwork at home to spread the air.
Evaporative air cooler function by pulling hot air from the atmosphere and transforming it into cold air, by utilizing the concepts of evaporation. Considering that the hot air goes through the moist pads they become cooler. This process of generating cool air consumes less energy than normal air conditioners and is a cost-effective home cooling solution.
These coolers are the perfect alternative for many who don’t own an air conditioner or are trying to replace their air conditioners with a unit which isn’t costly. If you intend to get swamp coolers, you can check out the different models offered by offline and online companies. Before buying a cooler, be sure you check the space available and the area you plan to cool. When you have several rooms in the house, you can acquire a portable evaporative cooler. They are able to help in cooling several rooms in your home as they moved from one room to another.
Installing an evaporative cooler is not hard; yet it’s in your interest for getting professional help to install these coolers. If the cooler is controlled and installed incorrectly, you may end-up wasting energy and your residence might not be cooled off effectively. Additionally homeowners prefer using evaporative air coolers since they don’t have an adverse impact on the environment. Air conditioners are known to release gases which can negatively affect the environment.
Those who are planning to buy an evaporative cooler; you need to check out details of various brands available for sale.
Have you ever contemplated transforming the house to solar energy? What are the solar energy benefits and drawbacks you should look at before you make such a decision? Listed below are facts that you ought to look at before converting to sun power.
– After the initial investment has been recovered, the energy from the sun is practically free. The repayment period with this investment can be quite short depending on how much electricity your household uses.
– Solar energy is renewable and ecofriendly. The sun shines just about every day allowing your system to produce power on a consistent basis without damaging the environment.
– The maintenance of a solar system is actually easy and cheap. After the initial investment in installing the solar system, the probability of spending money on it will likely be quite limited. When you wish more solar panels, they could be added in the future based upon your requirements.
– Potential income. 44 states already have net metering laws available which need the power company to buy from you any excess power your system generates. This can reduce your cost of ownership by a significant amount depending on the size of your system.
– The initial cost is the main downside of setting up a solar energy system, largely because of the high cost of the semi-conducting materials used in creating one.
– Solar panels occupy plenty of space. Panels are normally installed upon the house roof. When roof mounting is not feasible they can be mounted on poles in the yard, which decreases usable yard space for recreation.
– Solar energy will not be produced in nighttime though a battery backup system and/or net metering will solve this problem
Now that you know some of the solar power benefits and drawbacks, do the advantages outnumber the drawbacks for you? The biggest disadvantage for most people could be the large initial cost of installation. There are several ways to reduce this.
First of all, just be sure you did every little thing a possibility to lessen your power requirements. The next thing to do is to learn about the incentives available in your state, and the costs of adding solar panel systems are going to greatly decrease. Ultimately, take into account building your own solar panels. Current technological advances have lowered the expense of the solar cells that comprise the solar panels. Panels are the most expensive part of a solar generation system. Building your own solar panels can save you $5000-10,000 versus purchasing the panels.
You can either learn how to build solar panels by by yourself, or perhaps learn how to deploy the solar panel. Installing the system can be carried out at your own pace. If you’re unable to purchase all the solar panels immediately, you can begin with little investments, and once you have the money, you can deploy some more panels. On the other hand, come up with a plan that’s thorough and proposed by people who are experts in this field since you don’t want to squander your cash on a disaster.
Custom furniture has become more and more well-liked for a couple of factors. All of us have their own design concepts and it’s important when it comes to developing any area in the house. Getting your own style of furniture could certainly give the impact in the space. Slowly, customers start to understand the benefits of choosing custom furniture than shopping for an off the shelf or shop bought piece of furniture.
If you’re searching to buy a piece of furniture as basic as shelves for your den or family area, are you aware that it’s often less expensive to have them custom made by a local carpenter than to get them pre-made and then have them set up? A lot of buyers don’t even think to check the price of custom-built, but they’d often be surprised by the savings.
B. Good quality
Craftsmen understand what materials are necessary to create a long-lasting, more powerful and more durable piece of furniture, and ensure these basic components are a part of each and every design they create. Commonly, custom furniture clients value quality products, and so aren’t as concerned about the price. Where you can find price constraints, it is certain that with a custom furniture cuts are made only where required. If you’ve got budget, go for the best quality wood materials to enable you to guarantee its sustainability and durability.
C. Increased functionality
The most significant advantages of choosing a piece of custom furniture as opposed to a generic retail piece of furniture is that it’s built to your exact specifications. Usually, when selecting standard retail furniture, you are constrained by the shape and size of that piece. This could certainly cause troubles, for instance small rooms isn’t capable of taking a big custom closet, or in a large room a smaller piece could look too small in its environment. Furthermore, you could have various and unique designs from magazines and on the internet and combine them to look distinctive. If you’re shopping for ready-made, you can’t use your personal design.
D. More durable
Commonly, custom-made furniture can save you money as it’s so well-built. Because it is handmade with care and diligence, you’ll often find that custom-made pieces last a lot longer than factory-produced products that are little more than glued-together particle board.
Rather than paying for high-end designer items, you may get that modern style duplicated in your very own, totally unique custom-built furniture piece.
Essentially, custom-made furniture could help you save money by offering functionality, unique style, durability and quality all for less than similar items produced in a factory.
Prior to a home goes through a major renovation or remodeling projects in the house, it is advisable to take a little preventive activities and checklist prior to carrying this out. Below are some pre-check activities you need to carry out before doing such activity.
• Determine which components of your home you’re able to recycle: doors, windows, timber, cabinets, floor surfaces, etc.
• Make a list of the things at home which you don’t like. Decide what design changes will most boost the lifestyle of someone living there-you or a potential buyer.
• Whenever you can quickly access your homes roof space, check the insulation levels, status of the roofing and whether or not there are any major repairs required.
• Ensure that if the plumbing fixtures are still working fine. Replace what should be replaced..
• You might need professional guidance regarding your hot water system. An electric storage product can have the top greenhouse effect. In case you have one, consider whether it’s worthy of upgrading to a solar or natural gas system.
• Cutting down your lighting expenses can be also an effective way saving energy and funds. Switching light bulbs to a more an efficient type and with a proper use will instantly make a change. Consider utilizing Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) in contrast to your standard bulbs.
• Find possible risks like: termites, dampness, asbestos, design problems or accessibility to the site. These may impact you greater expense than you expected.
Renovating is not as easy as everybody believes specially when one is in a restricted budget and not an expert. This is the reason why everything should be well planned and various things are considered in order that there will be no changes as the project commences. The original plan should be followed and reduce unexpected changes on the plan.. If everything does not proceed as planned, it can cause more costs.
It’s always the best idea to conduct a walk through and note down all you will see once you step up to the door and go into the home. When remodeling, first impressions count. An outstanding impression signifies that people thinks that the home is of more value. How you would execute everything is going to do an effect on the look of your house. Renovating things like the exterior or entry interior paint; mailbox, back garden and landscaping; windows and draperies; door, welcome mat, doorbell or passageway and also ensuring that there’s a pleasurable smell can do wonders to improve perceived value.
The time and effort is essential in the whole steps involved in renovation. From planning, construction and completion everything must be executed well. You should have a knowledge of every detail of the task. While planning, don’t just concentrate on the looks but on the overall purpose of the renovation. Remember to consider the finances, comfort and ease as well as the adjustments of the whole family during the process..
In order to avoid uprooting an expanding family from a much liked home, it’s possible to consider converting the attic right into a fully livable and useful space. An alternative option to expanding a family home is to build an extension, that may be nice, but is often more troublesome and costly. Due to this, a lot more homeowners want to make more efficient use of their present space, instead of attempting to create more.
Utilizing a home’s loft space is now more and more prevalent as a result of several advantages that you might wish to start browsing loft conversion prices right away. A well-planned loft conversion is a process of changing an attic space into a completely functional living space, like a bedroom, office space, or games room.
A. Avoid the expense of moving home
House prices have stagnated and even dropped in some areas. With the country caught up in a financial economic downturn, relocating is becoming an unwise decision. On top of the stress caused, you’ll be spending thousands on solicitor fees, stamp duty and estate agent payments. Therefore instead of encountering this ordeal, think about a loft conversion. The work is going to take place out of your way and you also won’t be inconvenienced through the process.
B. A cheaper alternative to extending
When it comes to including extra space, you have two main alternatives; convert the loft, or extend to your garden. With the infrastructure already in place, loft conversion are often the cheaper option. In addition, you will not be taking out a chunk from your garden sufficient reason for it, property value.
C. Utilize wasted space
A loft or attic is usually a wasted part of your home. It usually covers a huge area and lots of home owners just use the area for storage – whether it’s boxes of junk of Christmas decorations. Change the room into a bedroom, bathroom, study or perhaps and ensuite.
D. Increase home value
Transforming your loft is sure to increase the value of your home and studies have shown that investing in an extra bedroom or bathroom can boost property value by 5% and 6% correspondingly. Moreover, converting your loft area into an ensuite bedroom can add on a whopping 20%.
A knowledgeable specialist will be able to provide complete guidance on the entire process of transforming a loft, which could include advising on the feasibility of converting your particular attic space, providing thorough plans, guiding on planning requirements, costs involved, and making certain the work is done to a safe and high standard.