Too many carpets out there in the market but do you really know what type of carpet suits your home. There are lots of colors, styles,and designs to choose from. This article I will share today will help you in choosing the right carpet.
The number of carpet choices available can easily overwhelm buyers. Taking a second to break it down and learn about the styles and types available will make the purchase decision easier. Understanding what the options are will help in choosing the best carpet for the situation.
Styles and Types of Carpet
The two most common carpet types are cut pile and loop pile. There are various style options within each respective construction type:
This carpet gets its durability through the fiber used, the density of the tufts, and the twist of the yarn. There are four popular styles to choose from: textured plush, Saxony, frieze, and cable.
• Plush: This has a smooth and even finish, providing a more formal look.
• Textured: This style uses low density fibers of uneven heights. The resulting look hides dirt with an informal look, but it is not suited for high traffic areas.
• Saxony: This has a smooth and even finish, but the fibers are longer than a textured plush, and the fibers have a twist. Though this is the most popular style of carpet on the market, it has a tendency to show footprints and other marks more than other carpets.
• Frieze: This carpet style features long fibers with more twists, so the resulting texture is informal. It hides foot prints and other marks easier than other carpets, but is generally not suited for high traffic areas. If the piles are longer, it is called “shag.”
• Cable: This style of carpet is made with thicker and longer fibers to provide a more “cozy” feel to the carpet when walked on.