Kids nowadays are really hard to tame. Sometimes they stress us out. However I found out that they just need to be busy for them to behave. So how did I deal with them? Challenge them in creating crafts.
So every year about this time winter starts getting REALLY OLD. Am I right? Everyone’s tired of snow and cold and the kids are super tired of being stuck inside (and I’m tired of hearing them tell me they’re tired of being stuck inside!). We needed some new “kid fun” ideas, so of course I turned to Pinterest, where there are galoads of great ideas. I spent some time looking for the 20 best indoor kid crafts and activities, and I had two criteria: 1) The crafts needed to be activity based, meaning they can play with whatever they make so we don’t end up with more stuff to throw away, and 2) The crafts/activities needed to be simple enough for the kids to do much of on their own so I can make dinner or tidy up or fold laundry and watch Downton Abbey. Here’s what I found:
1. Paper plate fish from MADE. I don’t always love paper crafts for kids because they spend 15 minutes making it, and then it just clutters up my house. But the creative possibilities here are sure to keep them busy for some time.
2. DIY lazer maze from Brassy Apple. Can you say genius? Give the kids a roll of crepe paper and some masking tape and let them go crazy designing mazes and working their way through them.
A a great thrifty storage solution is to make your own DIY storage boxes. Decorative boxes are wonderful accessories in any space, whether displayed on a bookshelf or corralling office supplies and photos.
Create DIY storage boxes with a few simple ideas, a little time, and a whole lot less money than you would spend at the store!
I don’t know about you, but I can always use a few more storage boxes! I’m not interested in the same old boring boxes…I’m talking about boxes with a little style of their own.
Make organizing your home more fun with these beautiful ideas.
Are you looking for fun and creative Do-It-Yourself ideas? Look no further, this article includes great ideas for DIY gift that people will love to receive using your old leather materials.
Leather isn’t just for biker gangs or pop stars anymore! Once you learn how to work with it, it’s a great way to add a bit of edge to your wardrobe or home and a great way to roughen up some of the more girly elements of your decor. If you’re not into the whole leather thing, but love the look, a lot of times it’s easy to swap out for faux leather, so you can definitely embrace your animal and fashion loving instincts.
We’ve rounded up 40 DIYs from around the web to add some a bit of the leather trend to your jewelry collection, your office or home decor, and your style.
1. Sequin Heart Patches: The leather gives this adorable sweater upgrade just the right amount of edge and the sequins will make you stand out… in a good way! (viaSay Yes to Hoboken)
2. Stamped Leather Tie Clip: Don’t think we’ve forgotten about the guys! This custom tie clip would be a fun DIY touch to a nice suit. (via Lovely Indeed)
3. Hair Clips: Combining the neon trend with the leather one, these add a little bit of contemporary edge to the girly hair bow. (via A Beautiful Mess)