“Replacing your car is essential once its on frequent break downs. Same with replacing the roof whenever it’s discolored or frayed. Replacement of your clothes happens at a time when they’re aged or frayed or discolored. And also you know in the first glance of the cool phone that it’s the time to have the old one replaced.”
When it comes to replacing the roof, the question that comes to your mind first is how should you know if it’s already the best time? Often, you would not have any idea of this because the roof cannot be reached easily in order to assess them well. To deal with this issue, below are some of the clues to that you can observe to find out if it’s the time to replace your roof.
1. Its old-a roof often comes with a 20 year warranty. Therefore in case the service is about to get over, that is the two decades are about to get over, you need to really start to think of acquiring and putting a another one.
2. The broken or cracked and worn roofs could negatively impact the curb appeal of your house. Regardless of how good your landscape or exteriors are, the vents and streaks may make the home look undesirable. Try to see the house from the street and look for if there’s something that’s annoying the view in roof part.
3. Thorough examination of the shingles is required to check if there are any shingles that need replacing. A wonderful way to determine this is through a knuckle test wherein you tap on several areas. If there are hallow sounds, this means that these shingles need replacement. Also, you will see obvious clues thus take,note of all them.
4. Granules continue to be all over the place. As roof shingles begin deteriorating; they break off in smaller pieces which tend to appear to be rough, dark sand. And in case you begin seeing granules within the gutters, landscape and yard, they all are coming from the roof.
5. You can see peeling, discoloration or bubbling paint. Leaky roofs are often the cause of deterioration of exterior paint around the roof line. It can also leak to the walls in your home, staining the walls inside.
6. Tornadoes and severe weather can cause roof damage that can’t be repaired. Structural damage to the roof cannot always be seen. A professional roofer (with experience in repairing and replacing weather damaged roofs) may help see whether you’ll need a new roof.
7. The deck leaks into your attic. After a rainstorm, the deck can leak into your attic, or perhaps once the snow melts. At the same time, if you can see light through your roof, it might also be time for roof replacement
The choice to be taken when going for a roof replacement must be a deliberate one. It’ll involve a careful choice with numerous factors. They shall include funds, time at hand and the weather.